Friday, May 27, 2011

Kel Tec P-32 Belt Clip Install

Nothing too special, I just got my belt clip for my P32 and I did a few quick searches to see what was needed to install this thing..

Simple is too complicated of a word for what is needed here.. ;)

I got the kit and started with it.. I think it took me less than 10 minutes to install and take pictures and I'm getting over elbow surgery on my right arm that makes it next to useless..

The kit.. A new rear pin, screw, allen key, belt clip and instructions..

 Make sure your gun is unloaded and the main spring is not compressed. (clear the gun, pull the mag, pull the trigger) Lay your gun on a block with a ~1/2 hole drilled on the back side, grab a drift pin of the appropriate size and press the rear pin out.



Here are both the old and new pins.  New pin is in the front.

Now we need to press in the new pin. I read that some guys had issues here, so I took some high grit sand paper and just sanded the edges down on the screw side of the pin to help it slide into the frame easier. I was able to get it about 1/2 by hand, the rest of the way needed the nylon mallet.




This is what you're looking for. A centered pin with threads viewable.
I installed the screw and clip to make sure all was going to fit well, then removed it all and added some blue loctite to the screw.

 Tighten it all down, not too much though, as you could cause some malfunctions if you really torque her down.  Once installed, load up a coupla' mags and test fire..

All done..  Like I said, nothing too complicated, but I thought I'd just throw up a quick install doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment